KEITH D. MUNSON, M.D., FACS
Keith D. Munson, M.D., FACS, is a board-certified colon, rectal and general surgeon who joined Jefferson Surgical Clinic in 2000. A native of Austin, Texas, Dr. Munson received a Bachelor of Science degree from the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland, in 1977 and is a 1981 graduate of Southwestern Medical School in Dallas, Texas.. He served in the United States Navy as a medical officer and surgeon from 1982 until 1997. He practiced at the Scott & White Clinic at Texas A&M Medical School from 1997 through 1999.
Dr. Munson completed his general surgery internship and residency at the Naval Regional Medical Center in San Diego, California, in 1987 and later completed a residency in colon and rectal surgery at the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in New Brunswick, New Jersey. Dr. Munson is certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery. He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons.
Specialties & Services
- Colon, rectal and anal cancer, and precancerous conditions
- Benign colon problems
- Diverticulosis and diverticulitis
- Colostomy and ileostomy problems
- Anorectal issues, including abscesses, pain, itching, warts, and fissures
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease, including Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis
- Bowel incontinence, rectal prolapse, rectocele, etc.
- General and laparoscopic colon surgery for gallbladder, hernia, intestine, etc.
Outside of work, Dr. Munson thoroughly enjoys participating in just about any outdoor activity.