Thousands of people are living better lives today due to the treatment they received over the past decade at the Jefferson Surgical Interventional Center in Roanoke, Virginia.
The Center is marking its 10th anniversary of offering medical procedures for a variety of conditions performed by board-certified physicians. Our staff of ACLS-certified RNs, LPNs, and licensed radiologic technologists provides careful attention to patients’ needs and concerns.
Procedures performed at the Interventional Center include those treating vascular disease, such as:
- Arteriogram/angiogram: A technique used to visualize the inside, or lumen of blood vessels.
- Balloon angioplasty: A small balloon attached to a catheter that helps open a blocked artery, and restore blood flow.
We also do non-surgical procedure for back pain, including:
- Epidural steroid injection: Ideal for treating herniated disc; slipped disc; degenerative disc disease; bone spurs; and narrowing of the spinal column (spinal stenosis)
Those considering back surgery to relieve chronic back pain may want to discuss this alternative with their physician.
Other procedures provided include:
- Dialysis graft / fistula management: check for clotted and narrow grafts and perform declotting and/or balloon angioplasty to open back up. Also perform fistulagram’s and perform balloon angioplasty if needed.
- Thyroid biopsy: Ultrasound technology helps determine if thyroid nodule is cancerous.
- Port placement: A port is a device that provides easy access to draw blood and give treatments.
To find out how the Surgical Interventional Center can make you or a loved one enjoy a better quality of life, call us at (540) 283-3881.