A brow lift is a cosmetic procedure to raise the eyebrows that can take years off a patient’s appearance by delivering a refreshed and youthful look. Some of the benefits that many patients report from this procedure include:
- Reduced creases across the forehead and upper bridge of the nose
- Restoring eyebrows to their original height, resulting in a more alert appearance
- The repositioning of sagging brows that are hooding the upper eyelid and limiting peripheral vision
- Improved unintentional “sad” or “tired” expressions
Who is a candidate?
You may be a good candidate for a brow lift if you have:
- Creases across the forehead and upper bridge of the nose
- Sagging eyebrows
- Limited vision as a result of sagging brows
- Pronounced frown lines and facial creases
What to expect
Typically an outpatient procedure, brow lift techniques vary depending on the desired results. The specific technique chosen will determine the location of the incisions and the resulting scars. One of the following techniques might be used depending on the patient’s needs:
- Midforehead lift
- Hairline brow lift
A hairline brow lift is often used if someone has a high hairline. However, depending upon healing, a scar might be visible along the hairline. As incisions heal, you might experience itching and numbness, which will likely lessen over time. Dissolvable sutures are usually used. Ask when to resume daily activities such as washing and drying your hair and bathing. Keep in mind that swelling might last several weeks.